Negative Article on CentOS in Linux Magazine

A 5 star hangout for overworked and underpaid system admins.
lavinius

Re: Negative Article on CentOS in Linux Magazine

Post by lavinius » 2011/05/10 02:12:42

Looks like Dag is out too, nice going !

[quote]
centos-devel ml feels like /dev/null

Submitted by dag on Thu, 2011/05/05 - 18:53

Today I resigned from the centos-devel mailinglist, after yet another long thread where the core CentOS devs basically ignore the issues raised and use smoke-and-mirror techniques and personal attacks to obfuscate the discussion.

I have been through this recently with the CentOS 5.6 release delays, today it was regarding confusing version changes that make it hard to compare or relate CentOS packages with RHEL packages. After a whole bunch of hypothetical cases and even hard evidence of the past, a mistake I made was sufficient to start the name-calling, I don't know why I even bother. I don't think I deserve this anyway.

So I am out. No need for me to be on the CentOS-devel mailinglist if everything I say is being twisted, mischaracterized or ignored. I can use my free time for more interesting things.

So long CentOS, and thanks for all the fish.
[/quote]

vargasmas

Post by vargasmas » 2011/05/10 13:30:01

Interesting how CentOS is now driving people to switch to RHEL. I bet RH is laughing their way to the bank.

r_hartman

Post by r_hartman » 2011/05/17 07:13:52

You know how they say you can tell when an airplane is full of engineers/technicians: Even when all the engines stop, it keeps on whining.

Sheesh. Get a life. Even while some of the complaints may be valid, it's hardly constructive to keep bashing the project in numerous parallel threads. Either leave or stick with it. Be constructive. Whining has never helped anything.