Hello Everyone

A 5 star hangout for overworked and underpaid system admins.
Chirpychirps77

Hello Everyone

Post by Chirpychirps77 » 2018/01/15 00:26:31

Just wanted to say hi. As an admin I've been browsing forums for years, and on a whim joined this one the other day...probably because I just simply like CentOS. Its stability and relative compatibility with RHEL make it a great way to experiment without breaking things at work (or at least not as often :) ). Learning never ends - and I look forward to learning from you all and hopefully helping where I can as well.

desertcat

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by desertcat » 2018/03/19 10:11:10

Chirpychirps77 wrote:Just wanted to say hi. As an admin I've been browsing forums for years, and on a whim joined this one the other day...probably because I just simply like CentOS. Its stability and relative compatibility with RHEL make it a great way to experiment without breaking things at work (or at least not as often :) ). Learning never ends - and I look forward to learning from you all and hopefully helping where I can as well.
Hi back at you. I am NOT an admin... unless you consider a small home network comprised of Workstations, in which case I guess you could say I am an "admin", but outside that, NO! This is a "Windows Free Zone" -- Bill Gates not welcome here. Unfortunately my sister LOVES Windows 7 :( and I can not get her to see the light. :roll: When something goes wrong she calls me and expects me to fix it... from 500 to 750 miles away. Solution: fire up a VM of Windows 7. I also serve as an "Official Test Guinea Pig" for my buddy who can not afford to have his system go down for any reason, except for an Act of God, so I do a lot of experimentation with new software. I switched from Fedora simply because I discovered I did not enjoy life on the "Bleeding Edge".

Welcome!!

boosandy

Post by boosandy » 2018/03/25 15:20:43

Hi I am new to CentOS. I just switched from Fedora yesterday. I liked Fedora for a year and then I wanted something more stable. I installed Cent OS for my laptop customized a bit and I am happy and STABLE. LOL!!!!

I am not a sys admin but I am just interested in Linux. :D

usamaraudo

Post by usamaraudo » 2018/05/17 09:10:48

Hi folks,

I'm Usama and have just arrived from Fedora country.
So as far as CentOS is concerned I'm new to these forums, but not really new to this "flavour" of Linux.
I've decided to use CentOS for my servers because of Fedora's rapid release cycle.

Here's hoping I can add some value during my time here.

Cheers :D