CentOS qualifications

A 5 star hangout for overworked and underpaid system admins.
magma

CentOS qualifications

Post by magma » 2018/11/15 20:47:37

Hello!

I hope this won't be considered spam, it is not meant as spam. I have a program that I would like to upgrade so it can be used with Linux CentOS on multiple nodes at the IT-facility of my university. Currently I think it is written in Python or C (I don't know a lot about programming, I hired a programmer online to make it). It requires more processing speed, so now I have looked at sites to find programmers with Linux CentOS experience. My question is, since this will mean some costs, how I can know that a person will likely be able to do this. Are there any formal qualifications a programmer can have for CentOS, and if so, what are they? Do you have any other ideas about how to increase the chances of finding a programmer who is qualified to do this?

Thank you very much for any information you can provide.

jmacdougca

Re: CentOS qualifications

Post by jmacdougca » 2018/11/25 22:37:19

What's up Magma,
I would approach this like a business deal. Because that is what it is. You are exchanging money for services.
Definitely do not do a per hour deal. A contract deal is what you want. So how much is this contact worth to you? This is when others ask you "What is your budget"?

Before someone asks you that you should have your budget already pre-defined.
You should also have the idea in your head mapped out completely. Submit a picture of your idea in this thread.

I am curious as to why you aren't programming the program yourself? Do you have a deadline to complete this project by?
Start less finish more