Comments, suggestions, compliments, etc
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 2014/05/25 20:46:00
Issue when rebooting VMWare machine running Centros 6 machine hangs
does anybody have any proposals to overcome this issue
- Centros 6.JPG (56.12 KiB) Viewed 1601 times
- Posts: 10642
- Joined: 2005/08/05 15:19:54
- Location: Northern Illinois, USA
That error usually means that the initrd is missing or broken.
You can try rebuilding it, or boot an older kernel and un-install and re-install the failed kernel.
- Forum Moderator
- Posts: 26113
- Joined: 2009/09/24 10:40:56
- Location: Brighton, UK
Also, that kernel is from 6.4 which is from early 2013 and highly insecure and riddled with bugs. Run `yum update` ASAP to get up to date.
CentOS 5 died in March 2017 - migrate NOW!
Full time Geek, part time moderator. Use the FAQ Luke