Downgrading PHP

Comments, suggestions, compliments, etc
Gianni

Downgrading PHP

Post by Gianni » 2014/04/30 17:44:48

Hi everyone!

I have been using Centos 4 32bit - this Vaio laptop doesn't support virtualization so I could not install 64 bit version - on VirtualBox.

I was following a symfony tutorial - namely Jobeet - but at some point got stuck on account of a compatibility problem between my PHP running version . 5.5 - and symfony 1.4 - to put it briefly there are some syntax formulas that are deprecated in PHP 5.5 - so I think that in order to fix this problem I would need to downgrade my PHP to a previous version.

I've tried several times launching

Code: Select all

yum downgrade php
to no avail, so I thought maybe someone here may help me.

Thanks in advance for your time!
Gianni

vonskippy

Re: Downgrading PHP

Post by vonskippy » 2014/04/30 18:10:25

The Smithsonian called, they'd like you do donate your laptop to their "Computing in the Ancient World" exhibit.
For the 2.5^15th time :: Better Details = Better Answers

Gianni

Re: Downgrading PHP

Post by Gianni » 2014/04/30 18:23:03

vonskippy wrote:The Smithsonian called, they'd like you do donate your laptop to their "Computing in the Ancient World" exhibit.
:lol: too bad Sony has pulled out support for virtualization on their newest models of laptops, allegedly on account of security issues, that is not the laptop you want to use if you like using VirtualBox, but other than that I must say it's not too bad - although I've been experiencing some issues with the keyboard not registering some keys being hit when typing too fast, in fact I have to double-check everything.

By the way as far as I know Sony has sold their PC division so I guess this may be going to be Smithsonian material in a short time.