Yay For CentOS!

Comments, suggestions, compliments, etc
aviansuicide

Yay For CentOS!

Post by aviansuicide » 2005/07/26 23:09:21

Hey All,

I'm guessing the CentOS Developers/Staff/Etc. read here, so I just want to say:

[b]Thank You!!!!![/b] -- I mean...seriously...I've been doing Linux Administration since I was about 14...I've worked with FreeBSD and Red Hat(both Enterprize and Fedora) before trying CentOS (I was sharing a server with a friend who had it, at that point I'd never heard of it) -- and suffice to say, my current servers are CentOS, my future servers will be CentOS, and very soon my desktop will be CentOS. I was thoroughfully impressed from the first time I SSH'd into the server...and I have nothing but good things to say about it. Wonderful to see such a great OS represented by people other than profiteering Gluttons.

Also...I do have a few questions:

-My web hosting company's site is currently under re-development, and I would like to endorse CentOS as blatantly as possible -- other than the standard advertising things, any ideas as to beneficial CentOS endorsement activities?(Oh, and I will also be testing out CACert for endorsement as well)

-I'm not a software developer by trait -- however, I am a skilled PHP/backend developer (as well as various other things) -- and I've been lately trying out some things using PHP as a CL interface for some tasks on my CentOS server, and since I enjoy CentOS a rather large amount -- is there anything extensive I could volunteer my time and/or skills to assist with?

I guess thats it for now -- I recon I'll stick around tho.

cormander

Yay For CentOS!

Post by cormander » 2005/07/29 19:59:38

[quote]
aviansuicide wrote:

I've been lately trying out some things using PHP as a CL interface for some tasks on my CentOS server, and since I enjoy CentOS a rather large amount -- is there anything extensive I could volunteer my time and/or skills to assist with?
[/quote]

An Open Source project I'm doing called RavenCore ( http://www.ravencore.com/ ) works right out of the box on CentOS. Im actually hosting the project website on a CentOS 4.1 server :-D

And I could use some help with development :lol:

aviansuicide

Re: Yay For CentOS!

Post by aviansuicide » 2005/08/01 01:22:39

I pmed you my e-mail address -- more information would be useful :P