Constant [drm:output_poll_execute] errors since install

General support questions
phaedrusnz

Post by phaedrusnz » 2011/08/11 22:36:54

Hi All

I just did a fresh install of CentOS 6, and am getting the below error constantly... during the install the mouse response was very slow, which may have been caused by the machine being more interested in producing these errors than talking to the mouse - but I only noticed it when I rebooted into run level 3, as these are being thrown to STDERR so fast that anything I type flies off the top of the screen pretty quick.

The error is: [drm:output_poll_execute] *ERROR* delayed enqueue failed -125

My basic setup is:
Intel Q6600 Core 2 Quad
Some random ASUS motherboard (sorry I can't be more specific... it's at home, I'm at work :-) )
1GB of DDR2 800 RAM
nvidia GT210 gfx card

My install is:
CentOS 6.0 x86_64 bin DVD
At the package selection stage I chose "Virtual Host"
no packages were updated beyond what's on the DVD

Does anyone have any idea of what this might be? A quick google didn't seem to throw up anything obvious... and I haven't tried reinstalling without the Virtual Host packages to see if that is related - That's a project for this weekend, but thought I'd ask here just in case someone has come across this before.

Any and all help/suggestions appreciated :-)

Simon

TrevorH
Site Admin

Post by TrevorH » 2011/08/11 22:55:55

Lots of hits on google, couldn't see a solution anywhere. Are you using the proprietary nVidia driver or the 'nouveau' one? Whichever one you are using, it might be worth trying the other one!

phaedrusnz

Re: Constant [drm:output_poll_execute] errors since install

Post by phaedrusnz » 2011/08/11 22:59:22

I'm using whatever the install chose ;-) I remember seeing nouveau fly past during boot, so I'm guessing that... as the errors scroll past at break-neck pace from boot I've only gone as far as logging in to shut the machine down.

I'll try the proprietary driver for my gfx card and see if that helps :-) Or swap out the card from another machine... I have a media PC running Arch Linux with a much older nvidia card which might play more nicely