Cant create LiveCD with livecd-creator

General support questions
jesselynch

Cant create LiveCD with livecd-creator

Post by jesselynch » 2013/10/17 16:56:19

Hello. I'm running RHEL 6.3, kernel 2.6.32-279.5.2.el6.x86_64. I have livecd-tools-13.4.4-2.el6.x86_64.
When using livecd-creator, I'm seeing a couple of different errors. I've gone to RHEL for support, but they don't actually provide support for that package. I'm hoping somebody can help me out here.
I've gone through the steps here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_and_use_a_Live_CD
And have used the minimal kickstart file from that page and this page:
https://projects.centos.org/trac/livecd/wiki/GetToolset
I have also used my own kickstart file which has a different package list.

The first type of error I see, such as when I used the CentOS minimal kickstart, is a dracut error during boot:
dracut: dracut-004-284.el6_3.1
dracut: FATAL: Don't know how to handle 'root=live:CDLABEL=CETOS_LIVE_CD'
dracut: Refusing to continue

The more common error occurs on my other kickstart files where I have more than the base set of packages.
This error shows up during the run of livecd-creator and so the bootable iso is never created.
After the resize2fs (and occasionally before), the e2fsck throws many errors related to inodes, blocks, etc.
I have tried different partition sizes and filesystems.

I hate to ask such a vague question here, but has anybody had luck getting livecd-creator to work reliably under 6.3?
We used this product in the past under 5.5 and were able to successfully create LiveCDs.
We use these LiveCD's to provide a bootable Linux to our hardware group so they can boot from a USB-attached CD drive and test a server including the original, untouched hard drive.

Locane

Re: Cant create LiveCD with livecd-creator

Post by Locane » 2015/04/10 05:42:48

I'm pretty new to making livecd's myself, and I realize I'm 2 years too late here, but it looks like there's a typo in your kickstart or when you initiated the command:

CDLABEL=CETOS_LIVE_CD

should probably be

CDLABEL=CENTOS_LIVE_CD