too many socket file under /tmp/orbig-username

General support questions
ScholesC

too many socket file under /tmp/orbig-username

Post by ScholesC » 2015/03/04 10:21:52

HI ALL,

can you please help to check this ?

looks like we always see /tmp/orbit-username has lots of socket files on our centos6.5 server .
we need to run linc-cleanup-sockets as username to clean these leftover socket files ..
is there a better way to fix this ? and looks like tmpwatch don't clean socket in /tmp (for safe ?)

# find /tmp/orbit-username | wc
472710 472710 22066368

thanks,
David.

SpicyBroseph

Re: too many socket file under /tmp/orbig-username

Post by SpicyBroseph » 2015/12/01 20:15:21

Hello,

I am seeing this as well and the inodes are getting completely eaten on my /tmp directory, causing a slew of issues as you can imagine. (I am running gnome over VNC remotely.)

I didn't have orbit2-devel installed so I didn't even have linc-cleanup-sockets, so I installed that finally-- but if I keep a session open too long without killing it or logging out (let's say, a week) these files get out of control very quickly.

I should add that all of our home directories on on a GPFS network mount, not sure if that makes the linc-* socket file production skyrocket or what. tmpwatch doesn't seem to want to delete them either. Can you do a system-wide linc-cleanup-sockets, or somehow check to see who's running gnome and do a su - in a cronjob as that use to run linc-cleanup-sockets once a day?

I'm running CentOS 6.7
Thanks.