Can not restore server Centos backup due to space disk

General support questions
lepe

Can not restore server Centos backup due to space disk

Post by lepe » 2017/05/05 17:37:41

I can not restore backup because I havent space, I had yesterday more than 8gb free space in disk before make yum update and backups. I made a backup in root:
tar -cvpzf /backup-full.tar.gz --exclude=/proc --exclude=/lost+found --exclude=/backup-full.tar.gz --exclude=/mnt --exclude=/sys --exclude=dev/pts /

Then for restore backup I add code in putty: tar -zxvpf /backup-full.tar.gz

My two website only weigh 1.3GB and I dont understand where are 24GB used. My folders with more space used are:

etc 7.8gb
usr 1.5gb
var 7.6gb
var/lib/mysql/ibdata1 1.7GB

My disk space:

24GB in disk and 1,8Gb free
backup-full.tar.gz weigh 2,76GB

I have so many duplicate files as .rpmnew and .rpmsave

1) How can delete duplicate file for obtain free space to can restore my backup?

2) Can I delete lib or var folders understanding that I will restore with my backup?

Simple tips please, I am so newbie and only know see tutorials and enter easy codes from putty as: yum update, yum clean all, mc, etc

NOTE: I restored my backup succesfully hours ago but after I made other yum update and mysql obtain errors '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2). Now I uninstall corrupt mysql with code yum remove -y mysql and obtain 1,8GB free (Yet I need 2gb free disk space to can restore backup)

Best regards and thanks

gerald_clark

Re: Can not restore server Centos backup due to space disk

Post by gerald_clark » 2017/05/06 04:31:40

You need to create your backup file on another device, not in your root directory.

lepe

Re: Can not restore server Centos backup due to space disk

Post by lepe » 2017/05/06 14:50:22

Hello

I can restore server image of weeks ago. Now I uploaded all files of my web to var/www/vhosts/system/mywebsite and I uploaded mysql database to /var/lib/mysql/myweb_database

The problem is in plesk I don´t see this msyql database and these mysql dont is running with my website

What others mysql files I should to upload for have my full mysql database uploaded and linked to my website?

best regards

NOTE: I see that mywebsite_database uploaded to /var/lib/mysql/ have a weight very small. Would upload also the file ibdata1 to server ?
NOTE2: I uploaded also ibadata1, ib_logfile0 and ib_logfile1 to server and without changes :(