low free space fault

General support questions
geministars

low free space fault

Post by geministars » 2018/02/06 15:08:51

I am running on centos 6 . I faced server with low free space , however I have %65 free space.
I looked quota, there is no any quota assigned to user or anything, is there any rule come from centos that maximum files size or maximum
files in a folder.

I run lsof +L1 there is some deleted but used files, can it be reason.

other question is openvpn:
I looked wireshark there are some openvpn connection and most of unrecognized or wrong sip headers and wireshark labeled that openvpn
malformed and most of duplicate ack and there is a request to www.ipdeny.com

another question is :
I noticed that given command that microprocessor work low state. I do not know from where on windows ( my local pc ), I think there is something on my centos server. how can I find and resolve it.

I run chkrootkit and clamav , but cron does not work, each reboot they give report.

any idea?

b. regards,

stevemowbray

Re: low free space fault

Post by stevemowbray » 2018/02/06 16:47:59

I faced server with low free space , however I have %65 free space.
What makes you think you have low free space? We need more information to have a chance of helping you.

I'm afraid I don't understand your other questions, maybe you could try to explain more clearly, giving examples of problems including what commands you are running and what the results are, any relevant logs etc.?

lightman47

Post by lightman47 » 2018/02/06 21:46:37

The messages you are seeing but not quoting for us, are the explanations for your problems! Please include them - folk here understand them - if they get to see them.
<wink>

TrevorH
Site Admin

Post by TrevorH » 2018/02/07 12:29:22

I'm afraid I don't understand your other questions, maybe you could try to explain more clearly, giving examples of problems including what commands you are running and what the results are, any relevant logs etc.?
Or, better, stick to the forum guidelines and use one post per problem, not jumble 3 separate problems into one post with a title that doesn't reflect the content.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke