6.10 installer prompting for Disc 2 even when not used

General support questions
frankunstein

Post by frankunstein » 2018/07/19 12:07:14

I am hoping someone can help me because I am pretty much stumped on this one:

I need to combine both of CentOS 6.10 binary DVDs into a single dvd so that I can customize it using scripts and kickstarts. I have tried just using disc 1 and not installing any of the packages on disc2, and combining the isos into a single iso using the cdtodvdiso.sh script in the tips section, but even after installing all of the packages I get the change disc pop up prompting me to insert disc 2 to continue. I have been scouring the internet and trying different things for weeks but haven't had any luck.

Does anyone know how to stop that from happening or where the setting that prompts for disc2 is coming from?

Thanks in advance.

frankunstein

Post by frankunstein » 2018/07/25 10:39:26

I am hoping someone can help me because I am pretty much stumped on this one:

I need to combine both of CentOS 6.10 binary DVDs into a single dvd so that I can customize it using scripts and kickstarts. I have tried just using disc 1 and not installing any of the packages on disc2, and combining the isos into a single iso using the cdtodvdiso.sh script in the tips section, but even after installing all of the packages I get the change disc pop up prompting me to insert disc 2 to continue. I have been scouring the internet and trying different things for weeks but haven't had any luck.

Does anyone know how to stop that from happening or where the setting that prompts for disc2 is coming from?

Thanks in advance

[edit/moderator: please do not create multiple topics for the same problem]

frankunstein

Re: 6.10 installer prompting for Disc 2 even when not used

Post by frankunstein » 2018/08/14 13:10:29

Just in case anyone else runs into this issue, I finally figured it out. The disc 2 prompt was caused by something in the repodata. After I figured it out, I was able to fix it from this:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/kicksta ... 00008.html

In short, run createrepo from the base iso directory and point it to the groups file included in the repodata directory.