PHP pages load slowly

Issues related to applications and software problems
jwood.mls

PHP pages load slowly

Post by jwood.mls » 2015/04/23 15:55:15

Hello all, new guy here. I am running CentOS 6 on a VMware VM. It has always responded pretty well. I have no idea if the following in particular caused my problem, but I figured I should mentioned it - Yesterday I installed Confluence by Atlassian on there, deciding later I didn't want it on that VM as it certainly hurt performance in other areas. So I uninstalled it and near as I can tell, set everything back the way it was before. So now, all php pages seem to take forever to load. This includes even a simple info.php page. If I go to a strictly html page, it comes up instantly.

I'm not necessarily looking for someone to fix my problem, rather, I'm curious about how to troubleshoot to figure out where the problem may be. The utilization on the server seems to be fine, so I'm a bit baffled. Thanks for any suggestions on where to look!

Whoever

Re: PHP pages load slowly

Post by Whoever » 2015/04/24 03:26:15

Is this really an issue with your database performance? If so, you might be able to get better performance by turning on the query cache.

jwood.mls

Post by jwood.mls » 2015/04/24 13:35:34

Whoever wrote:Is this really an issue with your database performance? If so, you might be able to get better performance by turning on the query cache.
I'm not sure - enlighten me. I mean, like I said, even a simple <?php phpinfo(); ?> is slow, which I guess is querying to see what version the db is and such, but not accessing it, right?

Whoever

Post by Whoever » 2015/04/26 00:44:11

jwood.mls wrote:
Whoever wrote:Is this really an issue with your database performance? If so, you might be able to get better performance by turning on the query cache.
I'm not sure - enlighten me. I mean, like I said, even a simple <?php phpinfo(); ?> is slow, which I guess is querying to see what version the db is and such, but not accessing it, right?
How are you running the PHP? Through mod_php or as a cgi?

jwood.mls

Post by jwood.mls » 2015/04/27 14:38:43

Whoever wrote:
jwood.mls wrote:
How are you running the PHP? Through mod_php or as a cgi?
mod_php