Cannot run Teamviewer in Centos 6.4

Issues related to applications and software problems
dnamixer

Cannot run Teamviewer in Centos 6.4

Post by dnamixer » 2014/06/03 10:16:36

Hi,

I am running Centos 6.4 in a server for my Company. Earlier I installed TeamViewer 8 in the Server and was using it for sometime without any problem.

Recently I updated the TeamViewer to teamViewer 9 and thats where the problem starts. I am unable to run teamviewer after the update. It is saying that
the daemon in not running and asking to run teamviewer --daemon start in terminal.

When I typed as per below,
[root@Saveserver hq]# teamviewer --daemon start

Result are per below;
initctl start teamviewerd
initctl: Unknown job: teamviewerd
fail

Additional Information: I still can see my teamviewer 8 icon in server and when i clicked on that, It showing an error message as per below:

Could not launch 'Team Viewer 8'
Failed to execute child process "/opt/teamviewer8/
tv_bin/script/teamviewer" (No such file or directory)

I have tried uninstall and reinstall Teamviewer 9 but still there is no any difference. No Idea what to do anymore.

I hope anyone would kindly help me to solve this issue. Thanks.

gerald_clark

Re: Cannot run Teamviewer in Centos 6.4

Post by gerald_clark » 2014/06/03 13:12:19

CentOS does not supply nor support teamviewer.
I suggest yo uninstall teamviewer 9 and re-install teamviewer 8.
Report your problem to teamviewer. It sounds like the version you installed is not for CentOS.

scottro
Forum Moderator

Re: Cannot run Teamviewer in Centos 6.4

Post by scottro » 2015/05/29 12:10:08

Although this is old, it's what came up when I googled issues in CentOS with Teamviewer.

Teamviwer10 has the same problem, if I used it more than twice a year, I would file a bug. Here's how I got it working--I think the answer was on a Debian forum, and I'm sure there's a better way, but...

Code: Select all

sudo /opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/teamviewerd -f
Once that's running, a regular user can run the command

Code: Select all

teamviewer
and it will work.

Maybe it's been rewritten for systemd, but one would think the information would be easier to find. Or maybe it has something to do with not running a default CentOS desktop. Anyway, though this thread is almost a year old, it was one of the first google results for me, so it's worth putting an answer.
New users should check the FAQ and Read Me First pages