please see thread
https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=29090

so how can i install ffmpeg-php package an i already have command line ffmpeg
i run centos 6.5 + cpanel/whm server

scottro
Forum Moderator

Re: FFmpeg .so module not found

Post by scottro » 2015/07/07 00:02:36

Cpanel makes many changes to things on its own. It's my reflex to blame it, but seriously (and this is probably in the FAQ somewhere), once you install Cpanel, it changes so many things that it's difficult for us to help. Of course, there are probably some cpanel experts here. and one of them might see this.

I don't see any php-ffmpeg nor do I see a file that provides ffmpeg.so using the yum provides option. At this point, all I can say is google for it.

Taking a quick look on pkgs.org indicates that the Remi CentOS-6 repo may have it. Whether or not that will break other things, I have NO idea.

http://pkgs.org/search/ffmpeg-php
New users should check the FAQ and Read Me First pages

gerald_clark

Post by gerald_clark » 2015/07/07 01:18:07

cPanel is a commercial product with paid support.
They have paid support people waiting to help you.

robinjoo1

Post by robinjoo1 » 2015/07/07 09:56:19

they wont help me
reply from them

I am not seeing any upload errors. What I am seeing are errors with FFMPEG shared object files.

Assistance with FFMPEG software application installations (including software that utilizes this software) and technical support for this piece of software are not available from cPanel. While FFMPEG software is distributed subject to GPL licenses, the use and installation of the software may also require patent licenses from third parties.

Because of the legal uncertainty relating to the FFMPEG software application, we are not able to assist in the installation or troubleshooting of FFMPEG.

This is not legal advice or a legal opinion. We are simply explaining that our participation in the installation/troubleshooting of this software is not available.

Additional resources on FFMPEG are available here:
http://ffmpeg.org/legal.html

--
Thank you,

Jim Surles
Technical Analyst
cPanel, Inc.

and when i run yum update i get these errors

Total size: 10 M
Downloading Packages:
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test

Transaction Check Error:
file /usr/lib64/libpostproc.so.51.2.0 from install of ffmpeg-compat-0.6.7-1.el6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package ffmpeg-libpostproc-0.6.5-1.el6.rf.x86_64
file /usr/lib64/libpostproc.so from install of ffmpeg-devel-0.10.15-1.el6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package ffmpeg-libpostproc-0.6.5-1.el6.rf.x86_64
file /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/libpostproc.pc from install of ffmpeg-devel-0.10.15-1.el6.x86_64 conflicts with file from package ffmpeg-libpostproc-0.6.5-1.el6.rf.x86_64

Error Summary
-------------

scottro
Forum Moderator

Post by scottro » 2015/07/07 10:10:23

Well, if they have forums or mailing lists, you might try there. Unfortunately, it looks as if there would be breakage if you try to force the install.
New users should check the FAQ and Read Me First pages

TrevorH
Site Admin

Post by TrevorH » 2015/07/07 11:39:07

Those error messages show that you have ffmpeg-compat from multiple and incompatible yum repositories. It looks like the one you are installing probably comes from nux-dextop but the one you have installed now was from the now defunct rpmforge. You'll need to review the ones you do have installed and work out how to remove those and install the newer ones from nux instead. You may need to use the yum shell command for this - this allows you to perform e.g a remove and an install of packages in one single transaction so that you can replace one set with another without having to first remove them (and all their dependencies) and then install the replacements and then work out how to put back all the dependent packages that were removed...
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke