Installing autodesk flame

Issues related to applications and software problems
exyide

Installing autodesk flame

Post by exyide » 2015/02/28 20:26:46

Hey everyone im a first time Linux user and I have CentOS 6.3 currently installed. I have never used linux before so please bear with me as im a total beginner. Im trying to install and program called autodesk flame training edition on my computer for work and im running into a few problems and im hoping someone can help me out. There are two file one says install first and the other is the program. Then I run the install first it runs and then says Updating /ect/X11/sdm?Xservers then says the file is not found. When I try to the program installer it run and says installation failed. I looked at the log file and it has a ton of stuff I dont know or understand at all. If you need mt to provide any more info please let me know. Again first time linux user. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.

scottro
Forum Moderator

Re: Installing autodesk flame

Post by scottro » 2015/02/28 22:42:37

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the program. However, I changed the subject line of your post. Please check the links in my signature, some of which discuss titling your post.

I'd also recommend, (though for all I know, English isn't your first language) that you take more care with your punctuation. Leaving out capitals and apostrophes makes your post more difficult to read and there are many who will see that and stop reading.
New users should check the FAQ and Read Me First pages

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: Installing autodesk flame

Post by TrevorH » 2015/02/28 22:57:21

You should also NOT run CentOS 6.3 as it's years out of date and has numerous security vulnerabilities. You should run yum update to get to the current 6.6.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke