Authantication windows on smbclient

Issues related to applications and software problems
Legion_D9

Authantication windows on smbclient

Post by Legion_D9 » 2015/07/27 13:22:31

Hi to everyone, sorry if I use the wrong forum and sorry for my english.
I have a problem:
I have a windows domain (windows server 2012) and many client with windows xp sp3.
We use a web application with a CUPS print server, installed on a CentOS 6.6.
When I try to print with some printers, I receive this error on CUPS web page: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE. So I use Putty to connect on print server and I use "smbclient -L hostname -U domain\user" to see the shares. I also receive the same error. But if I use "smbclient -L hostname -U domain/user" I can see the shares correctly. Also with domain\\user. This error occurs only on very few workstations . On all other everything works properly .

Someone already knows the problem and knows how to solve it ?
Do you know if there is a setting in Windows to change the way it sends the authentication string ? Maybe in the registry ?

Thanks in advance to those who can help me .

Legion_D9

Re: Authantication windows on smbclient

Post by Legion_D9 » 2015/07/28 13:35:51

I did further tests.
if you use the command " smbclient ' domain \ user ' " with the quotes then work both workstations already in operation and those that gave the problem . Now the problem is that I do not know where to go and tell CUPS to launch the command again with the quotes . Someone knows this print server and can give me tips ?

gerald_clark

Re: Authantication windows on smbclient

Post by gerald_clark » 2015/07/28 15:28:39

Linux uses "/" where DOS/Windows uses "\". Blame Microsoft for not following the standard.
"\" has a special meaning in Linux.
It is a quoting character that means "do not treat the following character as a special character."
Use either "/" or "\\" which quotes the quote character.