SQlite broken yum & rpm

Issues related to applications and software problems
winchester169

SQlite broken yum & rpm

Post by winchester169 » 2017/05/10 05:16:50

So, I was trying to find why eyeos was failing on "sqlite extension" and was following some tips that told me to check sqlite via "yum remove sqlite" but "hit n for no".

I accidentally "yum remove sqlite" and did not hit "n" hard enough to register before pressing enter and as a result sqlite uninstalled.

Now yum and rpm are broken.

I tried reinstalling python, yum, sqlite compiling from source but it is all still broken.

How can I fix this?

aks

Re: SQlite broken yum & rpm

Post by aks » 2017/05/10 21:54:08

Yeah that's bad as RPM depends on sqlite (it's also a reason why you shouldn't use rpm -e).
This guy had the problem and his solution seems reasonable (albeit a very old post): http://www.raditha.com/blog/archives/1579.html

What he's done is grabbed a copy of the sqlite RPM, converted it to a cpio archive (on another machine) and then extracted the CPIO archive on the broken machine, fixed up any missing dependencies and now has sqlite installed. The problem is that the sqlite databases for RPM may no longer have sqlite in them, in chich case you *may* be able to install the sqlite RPM. Either way, I suspect you'll have problems further down the line....