how to install "wscat" without yum or npm commands?

Issues related to applications and software problems
Mohtashim

how to install "wscat" without yum or npm commands?

Post by Mohtashim » 2017/08/17 09:51:29

i do not have internet access on the system where i want to install wscat package. i searched google for about 3 hrs but could not find a way how to install it through compilation or any other mean that does not require internet. i am working on CentOS 6.7...

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: how to install "wscat" without yum or npm commands?

Post by TrevorH » 2017/08/17 10:16:05

i am working on CentOS 6.7
Don't do that. 6.9 has been out for about 6 months and contains many security updates.

There is no wscat package or anything that supplies '*/wscat' in any yum repo that I have configured on either CentOS 6 or 7. If you have a source for a packaged version of it now then your best bet is to set up your own internal yum repo that your machine(s) can reach and put a copy of the package in that and run createrepo against it and set up your non-connected machines to fetch it from there.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

Mohtashim

Re: how to install "wscat" without yum or npm commands?

Post by Mohtashim » 2017/08/18 04:26:50

"wscat" package is a command line utility, used to open a websocket connection to recieve events and based on node.js websocket library. i could not find "wscat" source file any where on internet. from where to get it? is there any alternative of this package in CentOS??