550 Failed to change directory vsftpd centos 6.5

Issues related to applications and software problems
john.deep

Re: 550 Failed to change directory vsftpd centos 6.5

Post by john.deep » 2018/02/03 16:15:01

TrevorH wrote:I'm sorry but you really need to. It's not safe to not do so. If you doubt that, go read the upstream vendor errata pages and look at all the updates that have been released by them since 6.5 was released on 21 November 2013. That's over 4 years worth of security updates that are missing on there.

Would you run Windows XP without patching it since 2013?
I know but i can't upgrade, in case i upgrade the system i will lose all the access to my storage 40 TB data. it's not a public system,its only used locally with a standalone network and no access to internet.

Whoever

Post by Whoever » 2018/02/03 17:22:57

Yes same issue :(
i will share screenshots for my system
OK, then you are not chroot-ing the owner, which means that when you do a cd to /admin, it requires a /admin directory on the disk. Is there such a directory? Did you try setting local_root to /exports/home and then, in your ftp session:

Code: Select all

cd admin
?

Either:
1. Your users are chrooted, in which case you are attempting to cd to "/exports/home/admin/admin"
or
2. Your users are NOT chrooted, in which case, you are trying to cd to "/admin" (not a subdirectory of the local_root setting)

john.deep

Post by john.deep » 2018/02/03 19:07:12

Whoever wrote:
Yes same issue :(
i will share screenshots for my system
OK, then you are not chroot-ing the owner, which means that when you do a cd to /admin, it requires a /admin directory on the disk. Is there such a directory? Did you try setting local_root to /exports/home and then, in your ftp session:

Code: Select all

cd admin
?

Either:
1. Your users are chrooted, in which case you are attempting to cd to "/exports/home/admin/admin"
or
2. Your users are NOT chrooted, in which case, you are trying to cd to "/admin" (not a subdirectory of the local_root setting)
Yes there is a directory in /admin , and when i set local_root = /exports/home and try to change to cd /admin i get error 550 failed to change directory ! i found that when i connect using windows ftp and type ( pwd ) to show current directory the results is this / ! how i can make it when i connect and type pwd to be like this /admin