DELL PERC H330 Mini - RAID Controller

Issues related to hardware problems
sonydafarsy

DELL PERC H330 Mini - RAID Controller

Post by sonydafarsy » 2016/11/22 12:15:18

Hello Everyone,
Does anyone has experience installing CentOS 6.4 using DELL PERC H330 Mini Raid Controller? I tried to install CentOS 6.4 in my Dell PowerEdge R730 Server but I am stuck in error "No Disk Found, no usable disk have been found". the RAID Controller which I use is V 25.4.1.0004. does anyone has tried different version which is supported in centos 6.4?
Actually I have suggested by TrevorH to install 6.8, and it works perfectly. but unfortunately, my customer insist to use centos 6.4 which is the current os in their environment.

any help will appreciated.

Thanks,
Sony

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: DELL PERC H330 Mini - RAID Controller

Post by TrevorH » 2016/11/22 14:34:31

You cannot use 6.4 with that hardware - it is unsupported.

As is 6.4 itself.

You need to explain to your customer that they really CANNOT continue to use 6.4. It came out in February 2013 and 6.5 came out in December that same year at which point there were no more security updates for 6.4 released. They are now 3 years behind on security updates and will only get more and more behind. Some of the updates released in the last 3 years are for extremely serious problems including all the openssl bugs that made the news, the bash updates that also made the news not to mention little things like the kernel update from about a month ago that stops random users being able to overwrite files that are owned root:root with the own contents thus leading to potential root access to the entire system.

They cannot sit on 6.4 forever, they MUST update.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke