DNS settings with DHCP

Issues related to configuring your network
kunal.xlnc

DNS settings with DHCP

Post by kunal.xlnc » 2015/02/24 20:01:40

Hi friends,

Myself kunal just have join centos forum,

i am working on centos 6.4 server and while connecting the internet to the centos machine i am facing following problem.'

Problem Description: I Have DHCP internet connection on site and i would like to connect the internet on my server wherein i have installed centos 6.4 operating system.

when i connect the internet cable to eth1 port and configure the static ip with the gateway and dns settings in "SYSTEM-CONFIG-NETEORK" and restart the network service. i didn't get the internet. but when i give the command "nslooup google.com" the result is showing with the server name with its ip address. when i type on the google crome browser "google.com" i am not getting internet access but when i type the ip address of "Google.com" server then i can able to access the internet. It looks there is some dns issue which is not resolving the nameserver.

can anyone advise the solution on the problem? it has become serious issue as i have to run "yum update" and due to system is not updated i can install the new application in the system.

i expecting positive reply from this forum members. appropriate your quick and positive response on the same.

lightman47

Re: DNS settings with DHCP

Post by lightman47 » 2015/02/25 12:45:09

Try using for your DNS servers:

(Google DNS servers)

Hope this helps.