Sharing folders between Windows & Linux?

Issues related to configuring your network
CharmingNathan

Sharing folders between Windows & Linux?

Post by CharmingNathan » 2015/02/27 03:23:24

Hello,

I have carried out some research on this topic, and have found nothing that suits the situation I am in, leading me to believe it may not actually be possible, but if you don't ask...so I thought I would ask you helpful, friendly people!

Setup: 2 x servers, one running Centos 6, the other Windows X.P. both running on a Static I.P. address. My own personal P.C. also runs Centos 6, but on a different connection, with a dynamic I.P. address. Both connections run via Modem/Router (servers), and Router (Personal P.C.).

I have data that I will wish to transfer from my own P.C. to both servers on the other connection. The data is different for both servers as well, just to make life more complicated!

Is this possible?

Thanks for your help.

rahuls_36

Re: Sharing folders between Windows & Linux?

Post by rahuls_36 » 2015/02/27 09:57:45

i'm not sure about my answer.. but try 2 install samba server.. if my answer isn't right.. plz state me y i'm wrong

CharmingNathan

Re: Sharing folders between Windows & Linux?

Post by CharmingNathan » 2015/04/10 08:56:47

Thank you for your response rahuls_36, and I apologise for the delay in replying to your post.

However, I found a much easier solution to the one you proposed - I wouldn't know how to install a Zamba Server anyway - I used Filezilla to transfer the data between the two platforms, and it worked remarkably well!