Accessing webdav resources

Issues related to configuring your network
Aquazone

Accessing webdav resources

Post by Aquazone » 2015/03/15 13:52:28

Hi community,

for years I have my postbox hosted at GMX. That provider also offers the "GMX Media Center" which provides online storage. For windows users, GMX offers a tool that enables you to access your online storage in Windows explorer using webdav.

As I am using that storage on a regular basis I would like to access my files in the same very comfortable way using my CentOS 6.6. To be more precise: A way that I can connect to that folder using Nautilus or the "Connect to server" menu would be a good solution, I do not necessarily need to have the storage mounted permanently. Unfortunately, all tries to access my files have failed, even following the provided solution for OS X users (which I believed would be pretty much the same as for linux users).

Connect to: davs://USERNAME@webdav.mc.gmx.net/

Every time I try to access the storage, no matter if using the "Connect to server" or Nautilus, I get an error message saying http error, the remote host failed to execute the TLS handshake.

The GMX support team was not able to help me, they seem to concentrate on Windows users.
Is there maybe some piece of software that I need to install to make this work or what am I missing here?