Bonding

Issues related to configuring your network
Sakis__31

Bonding

Post by Sakis__31 » 2017/03/28 10:00:32

Hello i have a problem big one i create a bond and in order to remove it i used the rm command in etc/sysconfig/network-scripts (ifcfg-bond0) i know big mistake....... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Know the problem: bond is still active and i can't use my network carts at all even if i creat a new wired connection i can't ping any host in my network.
PLEASE HEEEEELP :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: Bonding

Post by TrevorH » 2017/03/28 10:21:59

Recreate your ifcfg file and use it to run ifdown on the bond. Now you can reconfigure the separate links again.

You'll need console access as your network will go down while you're doing this.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

Sakis__31

Post by Sakis__31 » 2017/03/29 05:38:01

Thanks for the reply...............
That was the first think that i did (the exact specs aw they were in /sys/class/net/bond0)and it didn't work yesterday so i left it for today (in order to clear my mind) because today my server decide that want to work by himself she has an AI personality and i say SHE because it makes me crazy what can i say 01010101 staff :D :D :D :D.
Anyway thanks for the respond.................

iPexpert

Post by iPexpert » 2017/04/22 06:23:56

Mate I'm a college student :D and I study the RHEL/CentOS guide.. I am reading problems and solutions i order to gain more knowledge :D would you mind telling does that
Sakis__31 wrote: (the exact specs aw they were in /sys/class/net/bond0)and it didn't work yesterday .
mean that when I configure Network bonding the config files lives here in that path?

Second question why you don't implement Network Teaming as it is a user space and you can kill it without interrupting your kernel ?

Many thanks in Advance

Macenger

Post by Macenger » 2017/04/26 13:29:10

Sakis__31 wrote:Hello i have a problem big one i create a bond and in order to remove it i used the rm command in etc/sysconfig/network-scripts (ifcfg-bond0) i know big mistake....... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Know the problem: bond is still active and i can't use my network carts at all even if i creat a new wired connection i can't ping any host in my network.
PLEASE HEEEEELP :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
Here's what needs to be done:
1. Stop the network and NetworkManager(if running)
2. Remove the bonding configuration from /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/
3. Unload the bonding module:
# modprobe -r bonding
4. Create a new configuration file in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ for the NIC/vNIC
5. Start the network service

Let me know if it resolves the issue.