Error when using system-config-network-tui

Issues related to configuring your network
vladinatrix

Error when using system-config-network-tui

Post by vladinatrix » 2017/04/10 16:25:37

I'm getting the following:

An unhandled exception has occured. This is most likely a bug. Please save the crash dump and file a detailed bug report against system-config-network at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla
Component: system-config-network
Version: 1.6.0.el6.3
Summary: TB /usr/share/system-config-network/netconfpkg/conf/Conf.py:329:write:IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '//etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles//default/resolv.conf'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/sbin/system-config-network-tui", line 336, in <module>
sys.exit(main())
File "/usr/sbin/system-config-network-tui", line 302, in main
plist.save()
File "/usr/share/system-config-network/netconfpkg/NCProfileList.py", line 423, in save
dnsconf.write()
File "/usr/share/system-config-network/netconfpkg/conf/ConfEResolv.py", line 83, in write
Conf.write(self)
File "/usr/share/system-config-network/netconfpkg/conf/Conf.py", line 329, in write
mfile = open(self.filename, 'w', -1)
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '//etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles//default/resolv.conf'

> /usr/share/system-config-network/netconfpkg/conf/Conf.py(329)write()
-> mfile = open(self.filename, 'w', -1)

The odd part is, I recreated that symlink to eliminate the double '//' but it's still got one at the start and after profiles. Not sure if that's why is causing the problem, but it looks like it since it's a write:IOError I'm getting. Anyone seen this before?

aks

Re: Error when using system-config-network-tui

Post by aks » 2017/04/10 17:27:59

Anyone seen this before?

Nope. Python is returning a permission denied (13) as stated. Could be POSIX permissions issue or SELinux. Check both (ls -lh //etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles//default/resolv.conf for POSIX permissions and setenforce Permissive for SELinux).

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: Error when using system-config-network-tui

Post by TrevorH » 2017/04/10 20:42:13

Duplicate /'es in paths are eliminated and ignored so that has nothing to do with the problem.

Does /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/ exist? What is the output from ls -laZ /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/ ? Were you root when you ran the command? Also, what symlink? The entire tree is made up directories here.

Code: Select all

# namei /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/
f: /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/
 d /
 d etc
 d sysconfig
 d networking
 d profiles
 d default
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke