Cifs share issue

Support for security such as Firewalls and securing linux
dlewis1972

Cifs share issue

Post by dlewis1972 » 2016/09/07 12:27:21

I have been trying for a while now to get Windows authentication working in Centos 6.6. I have finally got it working and users from the Windows domain can now login and they have home drives. However I can manage to get a Windows 2008 R2 share to work on the Centos box but have to connect as a specific Windows user.

The question is this. Is it possible to map a CIFS share to the Windows Server from the Centos workstation using the Windows user I have logged in as, as authentication for the mapping.

I hope that makes sense.

I am not an expert with Centos but do know a fair bit, just not about authentication.

I hope someone has had this issue and has a resolution to it. I have searched the web but cannot find anything on this specifically, just Centos shares being accessed by Windows users of CIFS shares being accessed by Windows users but having to store a password locally which is what I want to try and avoid as this would take up too much management. I am hoping there is a way to log in and get the share mapped as the user I am logged in with.

Many thanks for any information you can give.

gerald_clark

Re: Cifs share issue

Post by gerald_clark » 2016/09/08 14:13:37

The first thing you need to do is update to the supported 6.8 by running 'yum update'.
6.6 has many exploits, and there have been many bug fixes since then.

dlewis1972

Re: Cifs share issue

Post by dlewis1972 » 2016/09/08 16:31:11

I am not too sure if I can do this as its a system that's given to us by a customer. If they will allow me to update it I will, Thanks.

Will updating allow the Windows share to be mounted as the AD user logging in.

Dave