Kernel Panic

General support questions including new installations
TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: Kernel Panic

Post by TrevorH » 2013/02/08 11:04:54

There are 4 messages but only 2 UUIDs. I'm going to guess that you have two hard disks attached to an add-in SATA controller or something else that requires a special driver that's missing from the initramfs. Or perhaps there's a BIOS setting for the hard disk controller that switches it from one mode to another. Either way, it looks like both /dev/sdc and /dev/sdd are not being detected by your initramfs so your LVM volume group is broken. Did you make any changes recently to your hardware or BIOS settings and can they be reversed? Perhaps booting the install media in rescue mode and following [url=http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/CreateNewInitrd]the wiki article[/url] on how to rebuild your initrd might help? If you do this I would make sure you do not replace the existing initrd but create a new file and amend the grub menu to point a duplicate entry to it

abevec1

Re: Kernel Panic

Post by abevec1 » 2013/02/09 03:30:22

I have not made changes to the bios or hardware. Tried rebuilding the initrd per instructions and that did not work. I think part of my disk must have gotten corrupted with the boot up files and have decided to rebuild my system with CentOS 6.0.

Thanks for your help anyway.