Configure RAID1 On IBM X226 Series for Cent OS 5

General support questions including new installations
Mukeshjadav7696

Configure RAID1 On IBM X226 Series for Cent OS 5

Post by Mukeshjadav7696 » 2014/03/27 09:12:50

Hi Friends,
I have IBM Xseries 226 Server and I want to install Cent OS 5 on it with Raid1 Configuration I have to SCSI Hard Disk and in BIOS SATA RAID is Enable.How can I Install Cent OS with RAID1 Configuration.Is there any SCSI RAID or SATA RAID Configuration is missing?
IF anyone has solution about my quarry please reply to me.
Do you have any idea about how to configure RADI1 on IBM x226 for CENT OS Operating System.I have IBM Server support guide CD but officially it is not supported for Cent OS.I am able to create RAID1 on Windows Server2003 and its worked fine but not succeeded in Cent OS.The RAID configured during Windows Installation recognized during Cent OS installation but after Successful installation it is not load OS just a black Screen appear and No operating system is found error displayed.So I formatted both my drive in SCSI utility (IBM Motherboard Utility) so it become normal Drive now(Without RAID Configuration) I also Able to Install and boot from Cent OS but it is without RAID Configuration.I want to create Hardware Raid Level 1 configuration on that machine.Please reply me for appropriate solution about it.

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: Configure RAID1 On IBM X226 Series for Cent OS 5

Post by TrevorH » 2014/03/27 12:40:15

in BIOS SATA RAID is Enable
Sounds like FakeRAID not hardware RAID. If it is FakeRAID then disable it in the BIOS and have it present the disks as separate and then configure and use linux software RAID instead.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke