Dralthan

ArcGIS server installation problem

Post by Dralthan » 2007/05/04 21:19:00

good day everyone.

i made this post cause i have some trouble installing arcGIS sever into CentOS5

when i try to run the installer it shows me the following:

# sh Setup
Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
awk: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
hostname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Launching installer...

grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/tmp/install.dir.23005/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java: error while loading shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

after that i went into yum search for the packges, funny thing is that i have them all already installed, but the error reamin still.

after that and some googling later, i found a way to avoid that message:

cat install.bak |sed "s/export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL/#xport LD_ASSUME_KERNEL/"> install.bin

and it let me install the app... but when i try to configure the installation ( is a part of the setup process and cannot be avoided)

it displays a error regarding the failure to initialize the MainWin EnterpriseCore services, cuase they aren't installed, but they are installed already!

i gues that it has something to wtih this line

"cat install.bak |sed "s/export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL/#xport LD_ASSUME_KERNEL/"> install.bin"

i cant install the app, even when the page says its supported for RHEL4 AS

or do i need to use CentOS 4?

please help me