coldfusion MX 6.0 installation on centos 5. Can it be done?

Installing, Configuring, Troubleshooting server daemons such as Web and Mail
hotani

coldfusion MX 6.0 installation on centos 5. Can it be done?

Post by hotani » 2007/05/22 22:22:00

I've spent all day trying to get CF to install on a fresh centos 5 build. I keep getting the following error:

[code]
/opt/iatempdir/install.dir.4263/Linux/resource/jre/bin/i386/native_threads/java:
error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[/code]

I have installed every libstdc++-lib* package out there, compatibility packages, xorg packages, httpd-development packages, kitchen sink packages, etc... and still get this stubborn error. The installer will not proceed. Is there a fix? We have CF running on older versions of RHEL, so it has to be possible. Do I need to downgrade to centos 4, or 3?

Disclaimer: I abhor coldfusion. This app was started before me and I inherited it. It is going away (replacing with python), but I have to get this test box running in the meantime to replace an old dying server.

Also, upgrading to MX 7 is not an option. It would be idiotic to spend so much money on a technology that is in the process of getting replaced.