Web Address getting redirected (Joomla)

Support for webhosts that use CentOS
mgerber2

Post by mgerber2 » 2012/03/12 02:07:29

I'm new to doing this so I appreciate any support I can get. I backed up my joomla web site and restored it to a subdomain. When I try and access the website in the sub-domain ( mysite.com/qa) I keep getting redirected back to the original site (mysite.com). Both websites are on the same box. Need to fix it so both websites can be accessed.

Thanks!!!

pschaff
Retired Moderator

Post by pschaff » 2012/03/12 18:35:40

Welcome to the CentOS fora. Please see the recommended reading for new users linked in my signature.

It is probably not possible to get a definite solution to your problem without some specific information; however, from what you showed it looks like you restored the site to a sub-directory and not a different domain, and unless you adjusted the code accordingly it is still pointing to the original location.

berdan

Re: Web Address getting redirected (Joomla)

Post by berdan » 2012/03/13 15:24:34

[quote]
mgerber2 wrote:
I'm new to doing this so I appreciate any support I can get. I backed up my joomla web site and restored it to a subdomain. When I try and access the website in the sub-domain ( mysite.com/qa) I keep getting redirected back to the original site (mysite.com). Both websites are on the same box. Need to fix it so both websites can be accessed.

Thanks!!![/quote]

maybe is bcz of your htaccess file or subdomain redirection ??
did u check it ?

pschaff
Retired Moderator

Re: Web Address getting redirected (Joomla)

Post by pschaff » 2012/03/13 15:31:17

[b]berdan[/b] - Welcome to the CentOS fora. Thanks for your advice.

Please see the recommended reading for new users linked in my signature, particularly the guidelines on commercial links in signatures and the recommendation to avoid texting abbreviations.

Return to “CentOS 5 - Webhosting Support”