script on VPS on CentOS works sometimes, socket timeout

If it doesn't fit in another category, ask it here.
luiscorona2000

Post by luiscorona2000 » 2011/12/07 23:26:05

Hi there,

I have a hosted VPS with CentOS 5, I wrote a PHP script using NuSoap for using a web service hosted on another server, the script functionality is to call a method on the web service to login and print the response from it.

When I run it for the first time, it often works, but if I refresh the page or run it again, it displays a socket read of headers time out, the strange thing is that I tried my script on another server and worked just fine, and on my localhost also worked.

When I get the error it seems that everytime gets the response from the other server but at some point it breaks it and read a 0 bytes line so it stops.

Please somebody help!!

Thank you!

pschaff
Retired Moderator

Post by pschaff » 2011/12/10 23:28:54

Welcome to the CentOS fora. Please see the recommended reading for new users linked in my signature.

You have not provided enough information for anybody to provide any substantive help. It is virtually impossible to debug somebody else's intermittent script without at least seeing it, along with more details on the environment. All I can suggest is to check log files on both ends.