Email Service and Filter Mobile Devices Access

If it doesn't fit in another category, ask it here.
techreinhold

Email Service and Filter Mobile Devices Access

Post by techreinhold » 2016/08/15 20:45:49

My company has a VPS with version CENTOS 5.9 x86_64. We would like to create a "filter" to grant access of email to mobile devices (something like 2 step autentication) where only the admin can decide to grant access to the device (mobile phone) . I would like to create a list giving permition to sync emails to specific phones in the company or something like that. Is that posible?

Right now every person with email access (webmail) can acess a link "Configure Mail Client"that has all the instructions to configure any device.

Thanks for any advice

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: Email Service and Filter Mobile Devices Access

Post by TrevorH » 2016/08/15 21:14:39

I have no answer to your immediate question but I do have some informtion for you. First CentOS 5.9 is ancient and the current release is 5.11 and you should yum update to it ASAP as there are critical unfixed security bugs in 5.9. Second, CentOS 5 has only a few months of life left and you should start to plan your migration to a supported version. CentOS 5 goes EOL in March 2017, CentOS 6 in 2020 and CentOS 7 in 2024. There is no upgrade path from one version to the next so you need to doa fresh install.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke