Website not live. What am I missing?

General support questions including new installations
ctech

Website not live. What am I missing?

Postby ctech » 2013/04/04 21:02:34

Hello guys. I'm in a tough spot. I have no experience web server setups. So I hope someone can help me with this issue.

I had an old website for my company that we barely use (we have a main website hosted by someone) that was running yesterday and it is not being seen live now because of a few commands that was typed.
This website is running Apache2. Any information you need please tell me what I should do.

The problem occured when I switch the ethernet connection to a different modem (Lets call that modem A).

We currently have 2 modems in he building (modem A and modem B).
Modem A connects directly to the Centos Web and Email Server.
Modem B connects to a Switch where all of the office is connected to.

I was asked to make the switch with the Web server to modem B so that modem A can be used for direct internet access for another department.

So I switch the Ethernet lines and Internet connection was fine the department and for the Server.

However the Major problem was the old Website is down.

I typed in some commands that I googled from 'Create a Perfect Centos Server":
cp /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:0

vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:0

/etc/init.d/network restart

Disabled firewall with
system-config-securitylevel

So I know I obviously changed the network scripts
eth0:
DEVICE=eth0
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=192.168.1.12
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=192.168.1.1

eth1:
BOOTPROTO=none
HWADDR=00:15:17:13:1F:11
DEVICE=eth1
MTU=""
NETMASK=255.255.0.0
BROADCAST=255.255.0.255
IPADDR=172.16.0.1
NETWORK=172.16.0.0
ONBOOT=no

I just deleted eth0:0 because it was not needed and from what I see from the backup info it was not included.

Is there anything I can do to get the website running again?

I have all the backup files (copied and pasted into a HDD, not connected to server)
So I still have some information.

Just need to know what needs to be changed for it to be running again.

Additional information.

Still able to log onto the server using FTP client.

The Server can log into the website itself, but when I try to log onto the website outside of the network it is not found; only times out.

When i ping the address I see a local IP address. 192.168.1.X and Replies as 192.168.1.XX: Destination host unreachable.

Packets Sent: 4; Received 4, Lost 0.

I changed back the resolv conf file in etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/resolv.

For some reason in theetc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/ directory I sonly see ifcfg-eth0 but no eth1 which would mean eth1 might not of been used?

Thank you for the help. Really appreciate the time and experience learning about CentOS.

ctech

Re: Website not live. What am I missing?

Postby ctech » 2013/04/05 02:04:04

I FIXED IT SOMEHOW WOOOOT

Will go into detail later.... I had the flu while troubleshooting this crap.

Plus it uses CentOS 4.4 so ofcourse I would not get support anyway.