Dlink DWL-G510 support

Issues related to hardware problems
whitty

Dlink DWL-G510 support

Post by whitty » 2005/03/12 19:36:24

Alright, i am a linux noob, just started 2 days ago with a jumpstart from my friend. I curently have a dlink DWL-G510 (realtek 8180 chipset) pci wireless card in the desktop i am installing Cent on, and no matter what, it dosnt want to work. It is not one of the supported cards out of the box, and i cant get A. the standard dlink driver file to work or B. the genaric chipset drivers to work. I am getting sad that i cant get online, as the idea of this particular install was for leasurly dabbling in linux (the server i installed it on has a hardline nic). Can anyone direct me on how to set this up? Also, if the pci adapter is too much of a problem, i have a netgear MA111 adapter too that can be plgged in easily while im using linux. Thanks!

arrfab
Site Admin

Re: Dlink DWL-G510 support

Post by arrfab » 2005/03/14 11:27:51

I've setup several Wireless PCMCIA Cards with help of Ndiswrapper : http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/
The idea of Ndiswrapper is to load a module that in the background uses the Windows driver provided by the manufacturer ...
Have a look in the WiKi section to see if your card is supported by Ndiswrapper ...