HOWTO: Pretty much bulletproof (and spam-proof) email...

Installing, Configuring, Troubleshooting server daemons such as Web and Mail
cry4dawn

Re: HOWTO: Pretty much bulletproof (and spam-proof) email...

Post by cry4dawn » 2009/09/24 12:17:17

This did not work at all for me, se linux balked on almost everything. I did achieve the same thing via a slighlty different path
[url=http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=196234]sendmail Mailscanner clamav howto[/url]

works great on Centos 5.3 I am also using APF, BFD, LES, PRM, LSM, chrootkit, rkhunter for more seccurity also here is a trick if you are using your server as an outgoing relay only add the following to the end of your /etc/mail/access

1 ERROR:"551 We do not accept mail sent directly to our servers. You must use the valid MX record of the domain that you are sending to."
2 ERROR:"551 We do not accept mail sent directly to our servers. You must use the valid MX record of the domain that you are sending to."
3 ERROR:"551 We do not accept mail sent directly to our servers. You must use the valid MX record of the domain that you are sending to."
4 ERROR:"551 We do not accept mail sent directly to our servers. You must use the valid MX record of the domain that you are sending to."
5 ERROR:"551 We do not accept mail sent directly to our servers. You must use the valid MX record of the domain that you are sending to."
6 ERROR:"551 We do not accept mail sent directly to our servers. You must use the valid MX record of the domain that you are sending to."
7 ERROR:"551 We do not accept mail sent directly to our servers. You must use the valid MX record of the domain that you are sending to."
8 ERROR:"551 We do not accept mail sent directly to our servers. You must use the valid MX record of the domain that you are sending to."
9 ERROR:"551 We do not accept mail sent directly to our servers. You must use the valid MX record of the domain that you are sending to."

this will cause everything that you have not specifically configured to recieve from not be able to use your mail server.

rember to makemap hash access < access and restart your sendmail

Return to “CentOS 4 - Server Support”