subversion 1.6 problem with apache 2 on CentOS 4

Installing, Configuring, Troubleshooting server daemons such as Web and Mail
pschaff
Retired Moderator

Re: subversion 1.6 problem with apache 2 on CentOS 4

Postby pschaff » 2010/09/22 13:33:30

You don't say if you have checked the suggestions in post #7 to ensure that all 3rd party packages were cleanly removed and replaced by the CentOS versions, and that the subversion repository created by the 3rd party packages was completely removed and recreated with the CentOS version. Have you done those things?

If still having problems I'd suggest trying a clean install on a test machine, or on an alternate set of partitions or disk[s], or just a re-install if the original system install is considered expendable.

montrix

Re: subversion 1.6 problem with apache 2 on CentOS 4

Postby montrix » 2010/09/22 16:16:45

pschaff wrote:
You don't say if you have checked the suggestions in post #7 to ensure that all 3rd party packages were cleanly removed and replaced by the CentOS versions, and that the subversion repository created by the 3rd party packages was completely removed and recreated with the CentOS version. Have you done those things?

The server I use doesn't have any kind of 3rd party packages. Before installing svubversion and mod_dav_svn rpm packages I through to compile and install subversion from source files. But I were in difficult to follow the long procedure so I decided to stop that and to install regular packages.

Meanwhile, I posted the same questions on the Subversion Community Forum and I go on a bit.
Please read this topic !

Shortly: now I can use apache on repository version 1.4 but not on 1.6! Simply because apache is still using something of the original installation. I don't know what!

Regards
Roberto