TCP: Treason uncloaked! messages

Support for security such as Firewalls and securing linux
krika

Post by krika » 2007/01/06 19:08:00

Hi,

My server is down, time to time, i dont know why, but i can see these messages when i type "dmesg"
[b]TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer 200.193.246.5:35295/110 shrinks window > 2694420037:2694420573. Repaired.[/b]

I have read about this problem from everywhere, there is no 100% answer anywhere. Someone think its because iptables, the other thinks its because TCP debugging is enabled etc.

Todady i happened to be in the computer at the moment when "the usual thing was happening". I saw Apacestatus and it was filled with Ws and Ls. I made few reboots to Apace and after that the server was okay again.

I am using CentOS 4.2, i installed this 1 year ago and i havent updated almost anything(because i am not adminstrator and i dont know how). The only thing i did was that i installed zervex.com software to run websites.

I really hope that someone can help me, this is a real pain in the @ss. I hope you understand me(English aint my first language).

edit:
and i have no idea how to set up iptables, maybe there is a tutorial out there? and i have also no idea how to disable "tcp debugging"

unspawn

Post by unspawn » 2007/01/07 20:55:58

[i]TCP: Treason uncloaked! Peer.*shrinks window > .*. Repaired.[/i]
Message is of level "informative": kernel detected a problem and fixed it. That's why it says "Repaired".

[i]I am using CentOS 4.2, i installed this 1 year ago and i havent updated almost anything[/i]
Then I suggest your ensure, or have somebody ensure, the integrity of the installation and update, or have somebody update, whatever needs updating before you do anything else.

Return to “CentOS 4 - Security Support”