How about setting up an Oracle support forum?

Installation and support for Oracle DB on CentOS.
OraISV

How about setting up an Oracle support forum?

Post by OraISV » 2006/02/08 20:25:37

Apologize for reposting this from another area, but it was very difficult to get to that general forum from the main menu, so I thought that perhaps people were not seeing this question.

My company is an Oracle ISV and we are evaluating using CENTOS to run Oracle
database and application server. We have successfully installed the latest database,
but have not yet done any testing. We have Oracle application server partially installed
but the web-cache installation is hung up right now.

We'd be willing to share our experiences managing Oracle on CentOS, but it would be nice to have a dedicated Oracle forum to do so.

What do you think?

mariano

Re: How about setting up an Oracle support forum?

Post by mariano » 2006/02/14 20:21:47

I would love to participate. I'm testing Oracle right now on CentOS and I'm sure we all can get something valuable from other people experiences.
A forum in order to focuse all doubts is a great idea.

Regards.

OraISV

Post by OraISV » 2006/02/16 00:22:23

[quote]
mariano wrote:
I would love to participate. I'm testing Oracle right now on CentOS and I'm sure we all can get something valuable from other people experiences.
A forum in order to focuse all doubts is a great idea.

Regards.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply. We have successfully installed Oracle Forms and Reports server on CENTOS 4.2. I think that confirmation that Oracle runs successully on CentOS should be good for CentOS
general adoption. A dedicated forum may help with this. My own opinion is that trying to discuss
specialized problems in a general forum like "application and software support" is not productive. Too much irrelevant material to wade through. The Oracle specific info will just get lost.

Can one of the forum admins please respond to this question? If you don't want to do it,
maybe we can find another venue to have the discussionl like YahooGroups.

Thanks -
Bob

uncle_git

Post by uncle_git » 2006/02/16 03:52:46

Cool - glad there is a dedicated Oracle forum now.

I discovered CentOS through an oracle white paper - others probably will as well - so it's a good way to spread the word about CentOS as a lab test platform for Oracle and provide support for those who want to venture into these waters.

I just installed 4.2 last night on my primary workstation and will be experimenting with 10g this week - as soon as I work out my wireless Nic issues ;-)

Happy to be on board - if you need additional moderators I'm up for the job - though it looks like you are fine for now.

Graeme

Return to “CentOS 4 - Oracle Installation and Support”