Remote Control Server Software similar to Logmein.com?

If it doesn't fit in another category, ask it here.
dcpaq2

Postby dcpaq2 » 2008/02/29 15:51:42

Group,

Anyone know of anything out there that works like Logmein.com does where a server hosts the server program that keeps track of the client computers ip addresses as they change just like with logmein? Id like to host from my own server for more privacy as well as not having to pay them a reoccuring monthly fee.

Wondering if there is such software out there that I can install for free on my own server and install client softare on my computers and connect to each other remotely.

So far I have not been able to find anything.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Doug

arrfab
Site Admin

Postby arrfab » 2008/03/11 15:59:17

You're talking about a remote control server software so i assume that you're talking about Windows machines...
1 - this is off-topic in this forum
2 - no, i dont' know such opensource project (similar to logmein)

Fahim

Re: Remote Control Server Software similar to Logmein.com?

Postby Fahim » 2008/06/11 23:21:30

Remote admin is very laggy on Linux. Unlike windows system I tried the other day. It felt like actual pc.
I use Ultravnc on my XP to Linux

markosjal

Postby markosjal » 2008/08/09 04:43:04

arrfab ,

I do not see where you think this is off- topic. Apparently the poster is looking for something that runs on CentOS, so who died and made you moderator/judge?

If you can not be helpful don't reply. Maybe you need to get a real job?

When you ASSUME
you make an ASS of U and ME

Someone has to put a stop to you useless people who post these non-responses when people are trying to find a way of doing something.

dcpaq2

If you are looking at building something like that , I might make a suggestion. Take a look at SIP protocol registrations. That is exactly what the do is keep track of dynamic IP addresses, and there is a lot of open source code out there for that

NedSlider
Forum Moderator

Postby NedSlider » 2008/08/09 11:29:02

markosjal wrote:
arrfab ,

I do not see where you think this is off- topic. Apparently the poster is looking for something that runs on CentOS, so who died and made you moderator/judge?

If you can not be helpful don't reply. Maybe you need to get a real job?

When you ASSUME
you make an ASS of U and ME

Someone has to put a stop to you useless people who post these non-responses when people are trying to find a way of doing something.

markosjal,

Personal attacks will not be tolerated here regardless of whether it's against a moderator or other community member.

If you feel others are not being helpful, you can make your point just as easily by offering a response that you perceive to be helpful without resorting to attacking others.

Thank you.