Several issues with site

Having issues using the CentOS WebSite? Then describe your problem(s) here. Please include details of your platform (Linux, Mac, Windows) and browser -- not forgetting the versions of each.
kais

Several issues with site

Post by kais » 2005/10/21 09:52:04

there is an issue with the forum. All of the options which show the green icon with the two arrows (angle brackets) pointing to the bottom are not
active. I thought it might be my IE, but Firefox shows the same problem. Is this intentional? BTW: I also notice that the forum layout rendering is "sub
optimal", meaning it takes sometimes quite a few time before the link under a "link" actually does work (=mouse cursor indicates a link and it is
clickable). This happens f.i. when I first visit a forum section and after reading a thread and going back to a forum section. I suppose the behavior may
be better on a faster PC (this is a 650 Celeron), but I don't have this problem on other forums, so it must be essentially the forum software creating this
problem.

I just noticed another issue: the space around the section name is clickable as well, but it is not indicated by a cursor change that it is clickable. So, if you click on the "gray matter" in that table cell for whatever reason you are sent off to that section which is most possibly not what you desire. I was sent several times to forums I didn't want to visit just because of this and it took me some time to find out why.

While doing the last posting I also found out that using formatted text is somewhat awkward. You have to type the text in the little box above, choose a format and "add". There are better ways to do this, most modern forums have an editor like TinyMCE integrated which allows doing this inline.

With all these issues with this forum software (which is it?) I really suggest looking out for a better software.