MD5 checksums for ISOs - only on mirrors?

Having issues using the CentOS WebSite? Then describe your problem(s) here. Please include details of your platform (Linux, Mac, Windows) and browser -- not forgetting the versions of each.
linlu

MD5 checksums for ISOs - only on mirrors?

Post by linlu » 2006/03/14 19:43:42

I am looking for the MD5 checksums for the 4.2 i386 ISOs on this website, not from the mirrors. I have searched for them on your site but came up empty handed. Are the MD5 checksums only available from the mirrors?

If they are, well maybe I am being a bit paranoid, but I do seem to recall an incident where another open source project had a trojan placed inside the installation files at a mirror site. For paranoia & security reasons I would prefer obtaining the checksums from a page on your site. Then I could copy and paste the MD5 checksums from your site rather than relying on the checksum file that is posted on the mirror site.

If the MD5 checksums are not on your site, but only on mirror sites, can you please consider posting MD5 checksums on your site as well? If the MD5 checksums are on this site, please direct me to their location.

Thank you,
Linda Ruiz :-D