How do I change my e-mail address for centos.org forum?

Having issues using the CentOS WebSite? Then describe your problem(s) here. Please include details of your platform (Linux, Mac, Windows) and browser -- not forgetting the versions of each.
rothmail

Post by rothmail » 2008/08/10 05:50:30

I have changed to another ISP and need to update my e-mail address. I looked in the profile and it doesn't allow you to edit the field for the e-mail address. Anyone know how this can be changed? I tried to contact the webmaster but the link is broken. Thanks!

toracat
Site Admin

Re: How do I change my e-mail address for centos.org forum?

Post by toracat » 2008/08/10 06:58:31

Please take a look at this thread:

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=15481&forum=18

Either that or send a request to another Moderator NedSlider ( ned unixmail.co.uk ).

NedSlider
Forum Moderator

Post by NedSlider » 2008/08/13 13:50:19

Further, for anyone else...

If you would like your email address changed, please could you also post to this thread with the request so that we may authenticate your identity. You do not need to post your email address here if you don't want it made public - you can mail that to us, but if you no longer have access to your original email address because you've changed employer or ISP, we have no way to authenticate you (anyone could send us an email requesting we change the email address for user xyz to xyz@gmail.com and gain access to the account)

Something along the lines of the following will do fine:

[code]I confirm that I would like the email address associated with my account changed as per the email I sent[/code]

Thanks

rothmail

Post by rothmail » 2008/08/13 15:35:59

[quote]
NedSlider wrote:
Further...

If you would like your email address changed, please could you also post to this thread with the request so that we may authenticate your identity. You do not need to post your email address here if you don't want it made public - you can mail that to us, but if you no longer have access to your original email address because you've changed employer or ISP, we have no way to authenticate you (anyone could send us an email requesting we change the email address for user xyz to xyz@gmail.com and gain access to the account)

Something along the lines of the following will do fine:

[code]I confirm that I would like the email address associated with my account changed as per the email I sent[/code]

Thanks[/quote]

Thanks for taking care of this Ned!

Best regards,

David

NedSlider
Forum Moderator

Post by NedSlider » 2008/08/13 18:16:04

[quote]
rothmail wrote:

Thanks for taking care of this Ned!

Best regards,

David[/quote]

You're welcome :-)