Experiencing different behavior than expected on new forum

Having issues using the CentOS WebSite? Then describe your problem(s) here. Please include details of your platform (Linux, Mac, Windows) and browser -- not forgetting the versions of each.
giulix63

Experiencing different behavior than expected on new forum

Post by giulix63 » 2016/04/06 08:49:07

I am currently having a different experience than expected. PM sent to TrevorH.

Up-to-date CentOS 7 with Firefox ESR 38.7.0.
Root is evil: Do not use root (sudo) to run any of the commands specified in my posts unless explicitly indicated. Please, provide the necessary amount of context to understand your problem/question.

avij
Retired Moderator

Re: Experiencing different behavior than expected on new forum

Post by avij » 2016/04/08 10:12:33

Curious minds want to know, what is/was your problem? Your message did not contain much useful information.

giulix63

Post by giulix63 » 2016/04/08 11:52:22

If you're sure it's solved, I'll post it here: Unfortunately, I cannot test it any longer. Basically, it involved the possibility to create and post in new threads, send and receive PMs with previous (old) credentials, i.e. without first completing the procedure to get new credentials for the new forum, as expected (and as I explained in my PM). I cannot test it any longer because now I have completed the afore mentioned procedure and am therefore accessing the forum with the new credentials (password). Hope it's clearer now. If not, please state precisely what is not.
Root is evil: Do not use root (sudo) to run any of the commands specified in my posts unless explicitly indicated. Please, provide the necessary amount of context to understand your problem/question.

TrevorH
Site Admin

Post by TrevorH » 2016/04/08 11:59:55

I think there was a problem with the older cookies from phpbb 3.0.x being read by the newer phpbb 3.1.8 that we are now running. I too was logged in automatically without needing to authenticate but it fixed itself after about 6 hours and asked me to re-authenticate at that point. It's subsequently asked me every time after about an hour of inactivity.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

giulix63

Post by giulix63 » 2016/04/08 12:22:21

So, it fixed itself. All's well, then :D Let's hope Bob De Niro doesn't pay you a visit...