root password lost

General support questions
lobster

root password lost

Post by lobster » 2014/08/02 08:09:39

HI

I'm newbie here, coming from PCLINUXOS and by the setup i used english which later change for swiss german keyboard layout.
The problem came probably there, so the thing is that i can`t do installs while i don't remember the password of the root.
As user i can use the system somehow limited, like for example a fully update of items like flash plugin and related code for listening for example music in Audacious, it's without an new install not possible, this is really a big difference from there i come from, PCL. Otherwise i do like Centos 7, i really neat!!
Please help me recover that password or reset it if possible.

thanks a lot

toracat
Site Admin

Re: root password lost

Post by toracat » 2014/08/02 10:00:20

This upstream documentation Recovering root password will help you.
CentOS Forum FAQ

lobster

Re: root password lost

Post by lobster » 2014/08/02 12:14:22

toracat wrote:This upstream documentation Recovering root password will help you.

Hi:
Thank you for the tip, before i used i try as follow;
I had the idea to setup additionally also us keyboard layout and after a reboot the root password was available again, so like i give it first during then install of CentOs 7..
It's really seldom, that typing using the swiss german layout on the keyboard doesn't reproduce the related password in the same manner as using us-layout.
I do have the same problem, while trying to open an encrypted hd (done in PCLINUXOS), it can't be open here with the password that i have (works in PCLINUXOS),also there i use the swiss german layout. :!: