Unable to boot - selinux policy problem

General support questions
jtrivino07

Unable to boot - selinux policy problem

Post by jtrivino07 » 2014/11/19 18:55:02

Hello Trevor,

I'm new to Linux, and learning as I go along. Ran an update too this morning and after running server didn't start. I have three options at boot menu. This first option was created when I ran update. On all three options the system doesn't restart. When you say "append a space.." that just means entering a space (^)? I've done this on all three options and I don't get command line after hitting CTRL+x. I have also tried entering "selinux=0 noselinux" after the end of the line you mentioned with no avail.
I keep on receiving error "Failed to load SELinux policy. Freezing"

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: can't get in to OS after update

Post by TrevorH » 2014/11/19 21:35:58

You have a different problem and I am going to split your post out into its own topic.

Are you running CentOS 7 or 6.6? If it was 6.6 then it might be a known problem (but then we'd be in the wrong forum but I can move the post if so...)
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

jtrivino07

Re: can't get in to OS after update

Post by jtrivino07 » 2014/11/20 15:23:35

Helllo Trevor,

running version 7. Is there away to send you screenshots of what I'm seeing? when trying to upload attachments, attachment size is too large...
TrevorH wrote:You have a different problem and I am going to split your post out into its own topic.

Are you running CentOS 7 or 6.6? If it was 6.6 then it might be a known problem (but then we'd be in the wrong forum but I can move the post if so...)

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: Unable to boot - selinux policy problem

Post by TrevorH » 2014/11/20 17:11:45

I suggest that you boot from the install DVD in rescue mode, chroot to your installed system and yum reinstall the selinux-policy-targeted package and see if that fixes your problem.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

jtrivino07

Re: Unable to boot - selinux policy problem

Post by jtrivino07 » 2014/11/20 18:18:44

Trevor,
Thanks in advance for your help. I'm running centos on VM environment and using the actual ISO not a DVD. Never done this in Linux but sure will try... I'll keep you posted.
TrevorH wrote:I suggest that you boot from the install DVD in rescue mode, chroot to your installed system and yum reinstall the selinux-policy-targeted package and see if that fixes your problem.