CentOS 7 hanging during install and restart...

General support questions
ethon

CentOS 7 hanging during install and restart...

Post by ethon » 2014/11/26 21:54:22

After searching around the internet, I was finally able to get CentOS 7 to complete installation by using:

intel_pstate=disable

at startup. Everything appeared to install normally, but when I reboot, it gets stuck at what appears to be the same place. I understood how to remove the "quiet" parameter from the installation to see where things were hanging.

It was hanging at something about "Loaded X.509 cert ‘CentOS Linux kernel signing key".

How do I disable "quiet" during normal booting to see where it is stopping again?

gerald_clark

Re: CentOS 7 hanging during install and restart...

Post by gerald_clark » 2014/11/26 22:02:57

The same way.

ethon

Re: CentOS 7 hanging during install and restart...

Post by ethon » 2014/11/26 22:05:00

Okay, since I'm getting absolutely nowhere with this, I am assuming at this point that there's either an installer bug, or my hardware is not compatible in some way.

Note that I installed CentOS 7 on an older machine with absolutely no problems.

This machine is a much newer Gigabyte board. 8G Ram, 450G SSD. This same machine was running CentOS 6 with no problems.

So, I decided to start over from the beginning. Step by step. My thumb drive boots to the install menu.

I edit the "Install CentOS 7" menu item by taking out the "quiet" directive. Control-X to start and it always freezes at

"Initializing XFRM netlink socket".

I don't know much about making the installs work, but I didn't have this much trouble with previous versions.

I have absolutely no clue what to do with this. I don't know what it means and haven't found any reference to it anywhere. Where to go from here?