Secure Boot with two drives?

General support questions
krisdev

Secure Boot with two drives?

Post by krisdev » 2015/09/27 04:22:05

Hey guys,
I've just completed a fresh Win 10 install today. I've opted to use fast boot and secure boot. Now this is done, I'd like to re-install a fresh copy of CentOS 7 but have a few questions. But first, the relevant pre-reqs:

Code: Select all

Windows 10 x64 Enterprise on a dedicated 2 TB Hard Drive
CentOS 7 x64 (Will be after install) on a dedicated 1 TB Hard Drive
ASRock 970 Extreme3
Secure Boot currently off while backing up data
Fastboot Currently Turned On and working properly
So here's my question, rather point of confusion. I see that CentOS 7 is compatible with secure boot and I have seen dual boot tutorials with secure boot for other ditros, but this has left me a little confused. I've not seen any instructions showing how to do the following

1. Any blogs that discuss if because of the nature of secure boot if this is even possible
2. Dual boot (secure boot) with separate hard drives, NOT the same drive with split paritions
3. CentOS 7 specific instructions in relation to the above
4. Confirmation that booting to my install media via UEFI will que the installer to use GPT

I'd just jump right into it normally, but if I mess anything up I have to power off, unplug the second drive, boot back up, reboot to UEFI, disable secure boot, power off, reconnect the drive, and boot again. So as you can imagine I'm trying to compile all relevant information, steps, and gotchas before I go down this path. Maybe I've overlooked the steps in all the "fun" re-imaging and migrating has been but I've not found anything solid, at least not yet.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Kris