xRDP/Gnome, need the screensaver/lock screen to work

General support questions
kaydub88

xRDP/Gnome, need the screensaver/lock screen to work

Post by kaydub88 » 2016/12/17 03:28:41

Hey guys, I'm working on some security stuff and one of the requirements is that user sessions get locked out and need a password after 30 minutes of idle time.

I've deployed xRDP and Gnome Desktop for our users to RDP into. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the sessions to time-out. I have the following setup:

/etc/dconf/db/local.d/00-screensaver

Code: Select all

[org/gnome/desktop/session]
# Going with 180 for testing
idle-delay=uint32 180

[org/gnome/desktop/screensaver]
lock-enabled=true
lock-delay=uint32 180
I thought this should lock my screen after 3 minutes but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Now it seems Gnome-Desktop doesn't come with gnome-screensaver so I'm thinking that has something to do with it, but I just don't know where to go from here. Almost all idle-delay and lock-delay attributes are being ignored.

Any other ways to time-out idle users using xRDP, Gnome Desktop, VNC?

My only alternative is to close up the ports and have the users SSH and reverse tunnel the connection then just control the timeout via openssh but I really don't want to do that.

giulix63

Re: xRDP/Gnome, need the screensaver/lock screen to work

Post by giulix63 » 2016/12/17 07:33:23

Gnome 3 screensaver works flawlessly on its own. I'd look into xRDP for possible causes.
Root is evil: Do not use root (sudo) to run any of the commands specified in my posts unless explicitly indicated. Please, provide the necessary amount of context to understand your problem/question.